The Hercules Foundation Law Enforcement Scholarship
The Hercules Foundation is proud to announce that it intends to award $10,000 in scholarships by August 2018. We will award four (4) $2,500 scholarships to outstanding members of law enforcement or their immediate family members.
Continued education was an ideal that Sgt. Ryan "Hercules" Lindenbaum held in high regard. At the time of his passing, Ryan was in the process of completing his bachelors degree from George Mason University while working full time at the Fairfax County Police Department.
1) Must be current law enforcement officer employed in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia (federal law enforcement agencies are not eligible for award)
2) Resident family member of a current law enforecment officer employed in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia (Federal law enforcement agencies are not eligible for award)
-Resident family members include: children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces/nephews, and
spouses who reside with the law enforcement officer
3) Must be a United States citizen
-For students starting their freshman semester in Fall 2018: high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
-For students who have completed at least one semester at the collegiate level: college GPA of 2.5
5) Must be currently enrolled at a two or four-year academic institution
6) Letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor or counselor
7) Completion of essay topic (500 words)
Applicants will choose from one of the following essay topics:
Who or what has been an influence on you in your life or career and why?
Identify a situation you experienced in your law enforcement career and explain how it affected you
What do you see as the single most effective form of leadership and why?
Identify a failure in your life and describe the lessons learned from the experience.